WebCE provides state-approved Florida Insurance Continuing Education with a money back guarantee! Satisfy ALL your CE requirements at one low price with our online or paper courses!
Florida insurance CE course pricing:
You may select 24 hours of courses for $39.95 plus $0.75 for each additional hour. An additional $0.00 per course will be added to your total if you select paper course material.
Single FL Insurance continuing education courses start at just $4.95!
WebCE offers courses for the following FL license types:
Florida Insurance CE
Florida Insurance CE Requirements
Click below to see your specific continuing education hours for compliance periods ending on or after 10/31/2014.
Requirements for compliance periods ending on or before 9/30/2014
Nonresident CE Requirements
- Nonresident title agents must meet the FL CE requirement.
- For a list of reciprocating states for non-resident licensing click here.
- Nonresident producers who meet their home state CE requirement are exempt from the FL CE requirement. (Please see CE Exemptions below.)
- Nonresident adjusters who meet their home state CE requirement are exempt from the FL CE requirement. (Please see CE Exemptions below.)
The license term is every 2 years ending on the last day of the licensee's birth month after the licensee has been licensed 24 months. For example:
- Licensed - July 11, 2012
Birth Month - June
Compliance start date - July 1, 2013
Due date - June 30, 2015
- Licensed - July 11, 2013
Birth Month - November
Compliance start date - December 1, 2013
Due date - November 30, 2015
- Licensed - July 11, 2013
Birth Month - July
Compliance start date - August 1, 2013
Due date - July 31, 2015
CE Subject RequirementsCategory restrictions:
Producers and adjusters may take any course approved for CE by the Florida Department of Financial Services.
- The 5-hour Law and Ethics Update course must only be completed for one of the Florida insurance licenses you hold.
- Customer Representatives and Limited Customer Representatives must complete the 5-hour Law and Ethics Update course for the 220 line of authority.
- Public adjusters may only complete courses approved for public adjusters.
- Title agents may only complete courses approved for title agents.
Monitor-free online self-study.Study requirements:
Students should read the course material and answer practice questions prior to taking the final exam.
Final Exam RequirementsExam proctor requirements:
WebCE offers "monitor-free
" courses that DO NOT
require a proctor and must be delivered and completed online. (Florida state regulations do not allow paper or printed materials for online monitor-free courses.)Exam rules:
Exams are closed book
. A passing score of 70 percent
or higher is required. Producers are allowed to retake the exam as many times as needed to pass; the exam questions will be different each time.
CE Carryover Allowance
Up to 24 hours
of excess CE can be carried over to the next license term. 5-Hour Law and Ethics Update
courses will be carried over as their respective categories. Courses carried forward will not be counted as duplicate if taken 3 calendar years
after the initial completion date.
Course Repetition Rules
You cannot repeat the same course within 3 years
from the original course completion date.
Certificate of Completion
WebCE provides online, printable certificates of completion in Florida. Certificates of completion will be available to print online immediately after a final exam is passed. The licensee must keep a copy of each certificate of completion in his or her file for 5 years.
CE Completion ReportingTwice-a-Day Reporting
- WebCE reports course completions to the Florida Department of Financial Services twice every business day.
License Renewal Process
Florida agent and adjuster licenses are perpetual, but will expire if it goes for more than 48 months without an appointment. Failure to complete continuing education requirements may result in cancellation of an appointment that could lead to termination of the license.
The following exemptions are available:
- Individuals with a limited lines license that an exam is not required.
- Individuals with any of the following limited licenses: dental representative, motor vehicle physical damage and mechanical breakdown agent and crop hail and multiple peril crop agent
- Individuals who are officials or employees of a government entity and whose job description requires them to say current on insurance issues. Request for approval from the Florida Department of Financial Services is required.
- Agents who meet the CE requirements in their home state will be exempt form the FL CE requirement. Proof of compliance must be by letter of certification or by the Department searching the producer database.
- Adjusters who meet the CE requirements in their home state which reciprocates with FL or, if not licensed in their home state, in another nonresident state that reciprocates with FL meets the FL CE requirement. Proof of compliance must be by letter of certification or by the Department searching the producer database. For a complete list of reciprocating states click here.
Helpful LinksLicense number lookupView your CE transcriptGo to the Florida DOI Web site
State Contact InformationFlorida Department of Insurance
Phone: (850) 413-3137
Fax: (850) 413-3291
200 E. Gaines St.
Room 419 Larson Building
Tallahassee, FL. 32399WebCE provides information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to continuing education (CE) as insurance producers, agents, adjusters and/or brokers. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither WebCE nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.
WebCE offers insurance continuing education in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia. Click for complete information: Alabama
, District of Columbia
, New Hampshire
, New Jersey
, New Mexico
, New York
, North Carolina
, North Dakota
, Rhode Island
, South Carolina
, South Dakota
, West Virginia