Residential Renters Insurance

Course Description
This course examines the insurance needs and the insurance coverages available to residential tenants—people who live in houses, apartment buildings, dormitory rooms, fraternity or sorority housing, assisted-living facilities, and other structures that they do not own. The course covers the many reasons why tenants should consider carrying property and liability insurance and examines in detail the insurance policy that is appropriate for most tenants: the ISO Homeowners 4—Contents Broad Form (HO 4). The course briefly examines personal property policies other than the tenants policy (HO 4) that are appropriate for some tenants, as well as additional or optional types of coverages—auto insurance, boat insurance, personal umbrella coverage, and flood insurance—that many tenants should also consider. The course concludes with a discussion of a variety of special situations that tenants may face and explains how they can appropriately be insured. The course includes the following chapters:
  • Tenants and Their Insurance Needs
  • Property Coverages in the Tenants Policy (HO4)
  • Covered Causes of Loss in the Tenants Policy (HO4)
  • Property Exclusions and Conditions in the Tenants Policy (HO4)
  • Liability Coverages in the Tenants Policy (HO4)
  • Other Insurance Coverages for Tenants
  • Special Situations and Tenants Policy (HO 4) Endorsements

International Risk Management Institute, Inc. (IRMI) is the premier provider of risk and insurance continuing education and reference publications, and is considered the ultimate authority by leading insurance practitioners. Written by industry experts, IRMI courses provide the most up-to-date, practical and reliable information possible.
Find Courses Now