is not subject to discount pricing.
Additional Credit Available:
Optional Insurance CE
Optional CPA CPE
Intended for experienced commercial lines insurance professionals, this course—101 Commercial Lines Coverage Gaps and How To Close Them—offers a unique look at commercial lines coverage by examining common gaps in these programs and reviewing ways to close the gaps. The coverage gaps identified are drawn from the experience of actual practitioners who responded to a research report compiled by a team of IRMI analysts. Accordingly, the gaps discussed in this course are real; the course offers practical insight and advice that will help the producer to better protect and serve his or her clients and to avoid costly errors and omissions. The course examines coverage gaps—and how to close them—associated with the following types of coverages:
- Commercial Auto
- Commercial General Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Umbrella Liability
- Professional and Errors and Omissions Liability
- Miscellaneous Liability
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Other Management Liability
- Commercial Property
- Equipment Breakdown and Inland Marine Insurance
This is an intermediate-level course. Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- in a given case, identify common coverage gaps in commercial auto, general liability, umbrella liability, workers compensation, management liability, property, crime, and professional liability insurance programs
- recognize the issues that lead to coverage gaps
- identify pertinent coverage gaps in the insurance programs of prospective clients
- identify how and why coverage gaps arise
- select appropriate alternatives to close the gaps by making an appropriate change to the policy containing the gap or choosing an additional form of insurance to cover the gap
There is no required prerequisite or advance preparation for this course.
CPE Field of Study
WebCE® is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
International Risk Management Institute, Inc. (IRMI) is the premier provider of risk and insurance continuing education and reference services. IRMI publications are considered the ultimate authority by leading insurance practitioners and even federal appellate courts when interpreting insurance coverage. Use the knowledge you gain from IRMI CE courses with confidence, knowing they are written by seasoned insurance professionals who employ diligent quality assurance standards to provide the most up-to-date, practical, and reliable information possible.