is not subject to discount pricing.
Additional Credit Available:
Optional CPA CPE
Study Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Online self-study
This course is intended to help auditors and other finance professionals learn to recognize and address risks of fraud, waste, and abuse in their areas of operation. Practical solutions are offered for weaving fraud detection and recognition into daily processes to maintain process flow while protecting against wrongdoing. The course addresses fraud occurring within the primary processes inherent in any organization, regardless of industry. Students will gain an understanding of how fraud affects every organization, and how to recognize and address the symptoms that will help them become more vigilant.
This is a basic online self-study course and upon conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize how their own beliefs and behaviors affect their ability to recognize and respond to symptoms of wrongdoing
- Identify the most common effects of pronouncements and regulations on fraud prevention
- Identify key factors in your own environment for fraud prevention and detection
- Apply the five-step approach to fraud detection within their organization/clients
- Identify common symptoms of fraud in any business, occurring both within the organization and against the organization from third parties:
- Recognize what can go wrong within primary business processes
- Identify and detect symptoms of wrongdoing within common process areas
- Identify tools and techniques for remaining vigilant against fraud that can be communicated to your organization’s/client’s leadership team
Prerequisites or Advance Preparation
A basic understanding of fraud and the impact on claims and businesses.
CPE Field of Study
WebCE® is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
International Risk Management Institute, Inc. (IRMI) is the premier provider of risk and insurance continuing education and reference services. IRMI publications are considered the ultimate authority by leading insurance practitioners and even federal appellate courts when interpreting insurance coverage. Use the knowledge you gain from IRMI CE courses with confidence, knowing they are written by seasoned insurance professionals who employ diligent quality assurance standards to provide the most up-to-date, practical, and reliable information possible.