is not subject to discount pricing.
Additional Credit Available:
Add Insurance CE
Add CPA CPE
Property and Casualty Reinsurance Fundamentals provides a "macro" overview of the key themes associated with reinsurance. It is intended as an introduction to reinsurance for CFOs, risk managers, insurance buyers, brokers, insurance underwriters, and insurance executives who would like to better understand the reinsurance mechanism and the industry that supports it without trying to become reinsurance experts. The course highlights some key aspects of reinsurance as well as some of the more vexing issues. The goal is to provide a generic understanding of reinsurance and the reinsurance industry, which is somewhat apart from the general insurance industry.
This is an intermediate-level, self-study course. Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- identify and distinguish among the basic types of reinsurance,
- recognize the roles of various parties involved in the marketing and purchase of reinsurance,
- recognize key aspects of the reinsurance claims process,
- identify important considerations applicable to reinsurance accounting,
- recognize the nature of reinsurance commutations and identify factors important in effecting a commutation,
- recognize the various ways in which captive insurance programs can utilize reinsurance,
- identify factors relevant to a successful assumption of reinsurance,
- recognize the steps that can be taken to prevent reinsurance failures, and
- identify developments and trends and recognize their potential effect on the future of reinsurance
A basic understanding of how the insurance industry is structured and operates plus a thorough understanding of standard property and casualty insurance policies
CPE Field of Study
WebCE® is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
International Risk Management Institute, Inc. (IRMI) is the premier provider of risk and insurance continuing education and reference services. IRMI publications are considered the ultimate authority by leading insurance practitioners and even federal appellate courts when interpreting insurance coverage. Use the knowledge you gain from IRMI CE courses with confidence, knowing they are written by seasoned insurance professionals who employ diligent quality assurance standards to provide the most up-to-date, practical, and reliable information possible.