Online Continuing Education Courses

Vermont Insurance Continuing Education Requirements

Quality, Online Professional Education

Course Catalog Sign In

Satisfy Your Continuing Education Requirements with WebCE

WebCE is your one-stop-shop for all your professional education requirement needs. We provide education courses for multiple industries and professions. Whether you are studying to become a licensed professional, fulfilling your continuing education or just learning something new, WebCE can help with our affordable pricing and easy-to-use platform. Our goal is to make completing your education requirements as simple as possible. We have your course requirements listed below, as well as on the catalog page.

If you have any questions, feel free to call our support services as 877-488-9308. To view the course catalog, select your license type from the drop-down menu and select refresh.

Current Catalog:

Vermont Insurance Continuing Education Requirements

Insurance Continuing Education Provider Number: 107479

What are the Insurance Continuing Education requirements for Vermont?


24 CE hours total, including:
  • Ethics: 3 CE hours

Are there any course approval restrictions for Vermont Insurance CE?

Agency Management: Maximum 6 CE hours
Licensees may take courses in any line of authority.

When does Vermont Insurance CE have to be completed?

3/31 every odd year

Can Insurance CE courses be repeated?

Courses cannot be repeated more than once in a 2 year license term.

What are the Annuity Training requirements for Vermont?

Annuity Best Interest Training
Hours: 4
Frequency: One-time training of a 4-Hour Annuity Suitability and Best Interest Standards course must be complete prior to selling annuity products.

Effective July 5th, 2024, licensees who sell annuity products will need to complete an annuity course covering the NAIC Best Interest Standards.
  • Licensees who have already completed a 4-hour annuity course prior to 7/4/2024 may complete a 1-hour annuity best interest course or complete the new 4-hour annuity best interest course. Licensees will only have until 1/4/2025 to be able to take the 1-hour course.
  • Licensees who have not completed an annuity course must take the 4-hour annuity best interests course prior to selling annuities.
Residents and non-residents who have completed training including the NAIC Best Interest Standards in another state with laws similar to Vermont law will be deemed compliant with this requirement.

Annuity Training Information

What are the Long-Term Care Training requirements for Vermont?

Initial Training
Hours: 8
Frequency: One-time training must be complete prior to selling LTC products. 2 hours must contain Vermont-specific information including Vermont Medicaid information.

Ongoing Training
Hours: 4
Frequency: Ongoing training must be completed every license period, following the initial training requirement.

Non-Residents who have taken the initial 8-hour long-term care partnership course for another state, must complete a state-approved 2 hour course on Vermont Medicaid and Long-Term Care Partnership Policies.

LTC Training Information

What are the Flood Training requirements for Vermont?

NFIP Flood Training
Hours: 3
Frequency: One-time training must be complete prior to selling flood insurance products.

Flood Training Information

Can Insurance CE course hours carry over to the next renewal cycle?

Excess CE hours may not be carried forward to the next 2-year license term.

What is the Vermont Insurance license renewal process?

  1. Electronic renewals will be available 90 days prior to the expiration date.
  2. Continuing Education requirements must be met prior to submission of a renewal application.
  3. Complete renewal application and submit fees.
Renew online

What are the WebCE Vermont Insurance CE course requirements?

  • WebCE courses are classified as online self-study courses.
  • Students should read through the course material for each course before attempting a final exam.
  • Self-study exams are closed-book and require a monitor.
  • Monitor requirements: A disinterested third party minimum age of 18 years who has no family or financial relationship.
  • Final exam passing score: 70%
  • If the final exam is not passed on the first attempt, students have an unlimited number of retakes.

What is the access period for WebCE Vermont Insurance CE courses?

12 months from the original date of purchase, unless otherwise posted on the course description page and student dashboard.

How often does WebCE report Vermont Insurance CE course completions?

Twice every business day to State Based Systems (SBS).

Does WebCE supply a certificate of completion for Vermont Insurance CE courses?

Online PDF certificates of completion are available to print immediately after the course is completed. Licensees are required to maintain the certificate of completion in his or her files for the current and most recently completed licensing periods as official evidence of compliance of their Vermont CE.

What are the Vermont Insurance CE requirements for non-residents?

A nonresident producer who satisfies the continuing education requirements of their home state shall be deemed compliant with Vermont’s CE requirement. Non-residents of Vermont may satisfy NAIC LTC course requirements in another state, but they will need to take a 2 hour Vermont Medicaid course before they can begin soliciting products.

Are there any CE exemptions?

The following are exempt from CE requirements:
  • Producers licensed less than 2 years at the time of first renewal.
  • Limited Line Representatives, including Title Insurance, Travel Accident, and Travel Baggage Insurance
  • Property and Casualty adjusters
  • Public adjusters
  • Crop adjusters

Does Vermont require any workplace compliance training?

Who to contact for additional questions

Vermont Department of Financial Regulation

State-Based Systems

This information is based on state laws and regulations and is subject to change. WebCE makes every effort to make sure this information is current and accurate, however, WebCE is not engaged in rendering legal or professional advice and shall not be held responsible for inaccuracies contained herein. We urge you to check with your state's licensing department for complete and current information about its licensing rules and requirements.
Last updated on 6/6/2024