Online Continuing Education Courses

Washington CPA CPE Requirements

Quality, Online Professional Education

Course Catalog Sign In

Satisfy Your CPE Requirements with WebCE

WebCE is your one-stop-shop for all your professional education requirement needs. We provide education courses for multiple industries and professions. Whether you are studying to become a licensed professional, fulfilling your continuing education or just learning something new, WebCE can help with our affordable pricing and easy-to-use platform. Our goal is to make completing your education requirements as simple as possible. We have your course requirements listed below, as well as on the catalog page.

If you have any questions, feel free to call our support services as 877-488-9308. To view the course catalog, select your license type from the drop-down menu and select refresh.

Current Catalog:

Washington CPA CPE Requirements

NASBA CPE Sponsor ID: 109414

Washington's Acceptance: Washington accepts courses from providers that are members of NASBA's National Registry of CPE Sponsors.

What are the CPA CPE requirements for Washington?

Total CPE Requirement: 120 hours over 3 years
Annual CPE Requirement: 20 hours

Are there any subject area requirements for Washington CPA CPE?

CPA Ethics: 4 hours of WA board approved ethics CPE
Technical subjects: Minimum of 60 hours

When does Washington CPA CPE have to be completed?

1/1 to 12/31 triennially
CPE must be completed by Dec. 31 of the calendar year prior to your license expiration date.

Can CPA CPE courses be repeated?

A course may not be taken for credit more than once within a 3 year license term.

Are there any CPA CPE credit type limits?

  • Non-technical Subjects: Maximum 60 hours
  • Nano-Learning Courses: Maximum 12 hours
  • Combined total for any of the following – maximum 60 hours: not to be included in the 20 hour annual requirement
    • First-time instruction/development of a CPE course
    • First-time instruction/development of a college or university course qualifying for CPE credit
    • Authorship of published articles, books, or other publications relevant to the profession

Can CPA CPE course hours carry over to the next renewal cycle?

CPAs may only apply CPE successfully completed in the current 3 year reporting period.

What is the Washington CPA license renewal process?

All credentialed individuals must renew between January 1 and April 30 every three years. Complete the required CPE hours by December 31 the year prior to the expiration of your credential. Log your completed CPE for which you have acceptable CPE documentation into the "CPE Tracker" tool located in your online services account through SecureAccess Washington (SAW). Submit the online renewal application and pay fee through your SAW online services account. *Note: There may be a late fee if you renew May 1 through June 30.

SAW online services

What are the WebCE Washington CPA CPE course requirements?

  • WebCE courses are NASBA QAS self-study with non-monitored open-book final exams. Students should read through course material then complete exam.
  • Passing score: 70%
  • If the final exam is not passed on the first attempt, students have an unlimited number of retakes.

What is the access period for WebCE Washington CPA CPE courses?

12 months from the original date of purchase.

How often does WebCE report Washington CPA CPE course completions?

WebCE does not report CPE course completions to the Washington State Board of Accountancy.

Does WebCE supply a certificate of completion for Washington CPA CPE courses?

Online PDF Certificates of completion are available to print immediately after the final exam is passed. CPAs should maintain written evidence of completion for a period of 3 years after the end of the CPE reporting period in which the credit was claimed.

What are the Washington CPA CPE requirements for non-residents?

Nonresident licensees shall demonstrate compliance with the CPE renewal requirements of the state of their principal place of business. If their state has no CPE requirements for renewal, the nonresident licensee must comply with all CPE requirements for Washington.

Who to contact for additional questions

Washington State Board of Accountancy

NASBA Registry

This information is based on state laws and regulations and is subject to change. WebCE makes every effort to make sure this information is current and accurate, however, WebCE is not engaged in rendering legal or professional advice and shall not be held responsible for inaccuracies contained herein. We urge you to check with your state's licensing department for complete and current information about its licensing rules and requirements.
Last updated on 4/10/2024